Hanoi to Hue Option for traveler:
Option 1: From Hanoi to Hue by Bus (Direct Bus Ticket or Open Bus Ticket)
– Price: 220,000 VND – 260,000 VND ($10-$12) Depending on Bus Company and quality of the bus. New companies usually have the new and comfortable buses you can take from Hanoi to Hue.
– Travel Time: 10 -12 hours
– Pros: Cheapest and most convenient way to get to Hue. You can relax on the bus (or you can try if the driver plays loud Vietnamese music) during the trip. View during the trip is not that bad.
– Cons: Since it seems like this is the best option for travelers, chances are, bus getting fully packed every time. Bus companies tend to ask for more during peak seasons. Cannot just stop to let you appreciate one place or take good photos. There is a 50% chance of the driver playing loud Vietnamese music for the whole duration of your trip.
Option 2: From Hanoi to Hue by Motorbike
– Price: 4,450,000 VND – 5,550,000VND ($200 – $250) Buy your own bike and sell it (slightly cheaper than when you bought it) before leaving the country is the wisest way to do it. Motorbike rentals are very expensive.
– Travel Time:Depends on you
– Pros:You are your own master. Decision where, when and how long it will take solely depends on you. Cities and towns from Hanoi to Hue are also interesting and beautiful. You might as well have a quick visit on them. Most backpackers who are confident with their driving skills prefer this option.
– Cons: Prone to an accident. Not advisable if you cannot drive well in your own country. Vietnamese drivers are both the best and worst drivers in Asia. A little mechanical skill is not required but to make sure you can get to the nearest town if ever your bike breaks down in the middle of the road.
Option 3: From Hanoi to Hue by Train
Hard Seat – 890, 000 VND ($40)
Soft Seat –950, 000 VND ($43)
Hard bunk bed – 1, 250, 000 ($57)
Soft bunk bed –1,300,000 ($59)
– Note: Night trip is slightly more expensive, additional $2.
– Travel Time: 12-14 hours
– Pros: Believed to be the most traditional way to travel from Hanoi to Hue and allows travelers to truly appreciate places in Vietnam due to the view of the countryside it offers. And this option gives you a higher tendency to meet and interact with locals during the trip.
– Cons: Since most Vietnamese travel with this option too, it could be a little crowded. Most of the time, soft seats and beds are already booked few weeks or months before so it will leave you to the last option, hard seat.
Option 4: From Hanoi to Hue by Plane
– Prices: $90 – $120
– Travel Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
– Pros: Fastest way to get from Hanoi to Hue.
– Cons: Most costly. Additional charges for getting to the airport in Hanoi and then getting to the city center in Hue. Though you can take shuttle buses, for Hanoi to Noi Bai Domestic Airport is 70,000 and for Hue airport to your hotel in the city center is 50,000.
## If you use Plane for transfer. You can book hue airport transfer by car from us: Hue airport transfer
– How to get from Hanoi to Hue –
Tags: How to get from Hanoi to Hue, Hanoi Hue, from Hanoi to Hue, Hue airport